Thursday 1 October 2015

Why Blog?

Welcome to the first blog from Direct Exposure Marketing. I'm going to be regularly adding to this blog with news from my company and also plenty of tips and tricks for people looking to market their businesses.

When I told people that I was going to start to write a blog for Direct Exposure Marketing the most common response I received was, "why?"

I'm aiming to provide lots of knowledge via this blog but I'm certainly not writing it to build an online following or to blow my own horn. No, writing this blog is purely a business decision. So, to get things started I'm going to cover the reasons why starting a blog is a great decision for any business.

1. A blog is a very easy way to connect with your customers (and potential customers) to share important information with them. A blog is a direct line of communication between your business and the customers that keep your business in business. If you're not communicating with your customers another business similar to you might just start.

2. A blog is great for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Notice I have already linked back to the Direct Exposure Marketing website? That's building back links which is going to improve the SEO results. Search engines also rate blog content quite highly so by writing a blog you can cover a range of topics, many of which have no place on your business website, but at the sometime customers will find your posts and be directed to your business.

3. Your blog creation ties perfectly into your other marketing strategies. Are you struggling to decide what to put out via Facebook and Twitter? A good blog post is a great place to start.

4. A  blog gives your business a voice and an identity to help it stand out from the crowd. Via a blog you can talk about your products or services, comment on the news or current market trends and also communicate with customers that have an interest in your products and/or services.

5. A blog allows you to showcase your talents by sharing your expertise. If I didn't blog about why a business should blog how would you know I had valid reasons to recommend it for your business.

6. Having a blog published is easy. Even if you're not great with web development blogging is for you - if you can send an email you can easily start a blog. Notice I've decided to publish this blog through blogger.com instead of my own website? I've done this for 2 reasons:
                 i)  Publishing via blogger means I just need to type the content, I don't need to worry about updating my website each time I release a new blog post.
                 ii) My website links to my blog and my blog links to my website. Great for SEO.

7. Blog writing encourages you to think about your business. What you do well, what you can improve on, where you have an edge over your competitors etc. It also allows you to share these thoughts with your customer base.

8. It's free. A blog is free to do and provides many great upsides for your business. How many other marketing methods can you say that about?

9. By showing you're an expert in your industry customers will view you as one, you will gain more business via your blog and referrals.

10. Through the analytic's of your blog you're able to see how many people are clicking on your articles, how many click through to your links, view shares and read comments. This will give you direct insight into how successful your blog is for your business.

So there's 10 quick points as to why you should start a blog for your business. A blog is an unrivalled form of communication that can help grow your brand and give it the exposure it deserves.

I look forward to having you back to read my next post soon. If you have any questions please contact me via the website. Since I've mentioned the website please take a look and see how we can help your business.

Until next time,

Shane
Direct Exposure Marketing

1 comment:

  1. Feeling so lucky that I discovered this new INK FOR ALL text editor. Won my heart with its spelling and grammar recommendations as well as optimization for Google. For anyone that’s interested, the editor and plugin are available here: https://seo.app/XzTXZsUH9

    ReplyDelete